Friday, September 24, 2010

Lets try this again

Life has been a whirl wind ever since my son was born December 10 2009, one of the happiest days of our lives. But to say the least, it has been an adjustment. You know how everyone always says your life changes once you have kids? Well boy were they right, I used to just smile and nod at those people and think well they must not know what they are doing, they must not have it all together haha (Im laughing as I write this)... Sure I read all the parenting books and talked to many experienced parents and have been around kids all my life but nothing can ever truly prepare you for parenting. When the dr laid my adorable little baby in my arms my husband and I were sooo overjoyed, it was by far the most amazing experience ever! But when the nurses soon said "Good Night" and left us with this new little person that we were supposed to take care of, the panic immediately set in. I will never forget the look on mine and scotts faces the first time we were alone with our son, It was like out of a movie we both looked at each other and said "What do we do" we couldnt believe the nurses had just left us alone with OUR child, they didnt even tell us what to do or give us a quick baby 101 class, they just left us to figure it out on our own, as if we were the parents or something lol.......

Well, we did end up figuring it out, or should I say, we got by. But it has definitely been a life changing experience but a great one at that!
So jumping ahead to today 9 months later, well we are still trying to figure it all out and in the mean time I better write all my mishaps, fun adventures and sweet moments down before this pressure time passes by.

But in all seriousness I absolutely love being a mommy it is such a precious gift from God and I am so blessed that he chose to entrust Me and Scott with this beautiful child. Our desire is to be the parents that God has called us to be and our prayer is that Oliver will grow to love the Lord Jesus with all his Heart!

So Im taking another shot at blogging, and hopefully it wont take me a year to write my next post.

To be continued...


newborn pic




9 months

No comments:

Post a Comment